Unprecedented growth in IT industry has encouraged a lot of corporations adopting with the latest update. However, internal IT human resources may not be able to adapt at once. The gap is where an IT consultant may provide a solution.
Lack of anticipation to the IT changes will result in losing potential, big business deals. That will also hamper business growth and reduce profit. Connecting the IT and other business line require effective strategies and top technical skills. The two will save a lot of time and energy that reduces operational expense.
Types of Services and the Responsibilities
An IT consultant performs a lot of tasks from the start of the project to its completion. An IT consultant won’t only provide technology-related idea and implementation but also give business suggestions. An IT consultant oversees a team consisting of specialists, such as User Interface (UI) designer, User Experience (UX) designer, content creator, developer, and others.
The types of the services include consultancy with a client. During the consultancy, the two parties will discuss, among others, requirement and infrastructure as needed, work scope and work duration for the human resources. To deliver the best services in this aspect, an IT consultant will have to study system specification owned by the client, the work practices, and the client’s existing business.
Maintaining good relationship with all stakeholders within the client’s company is a critical task, as well. The good partnership will make it easier for an IT consultant to determine the requirement and work need starting from the software, the hardware, and the network from the client’s business. The goal is to provide objective suggestions on what technology should be used by the client.
At the technical side, an IT consultant will have to design, test, implement, and observe a new system. This is to ensure the system runs well and supports the client’s business. As the project progresses, the task will include support provision for purchasing new system and composing reports about archive system needed by the client. The solutions will be put into comprehensive reports.
Benefits of Working with an IT Consultant
- Saving much of your time as you will be able to focus more on your business strategy. You can rely on an IT consultant’s competency to design IT optimization.
- With accurate budget prediction, you will control your expenses wisely. Budget leakage will be much anticipated.
- An IT consultant will allow your company improving working productivity because the software will meet your wishes best.
- You won’t have to busy yourself thinking about the most effective management system applied for the business. An IT consultant will handle this duty very well given the expertise and the experience.
- Your internal staff will be open for furthering their skills through trainings.
- Your business will stay updated with the latest development in the industry and your competitors’ business conditions.
- Your staff will gain new knowledge and latest updates or innovations thereby have more chances to grow the business independently.
- A growing chance for developing the business thanks to customized services provided by an IT consultant.
How to Choose the Best IT Consultant
Selecting the top one requires a thorough observation upon IT consultant candidates’ competencies and portfolio. You can’t pick one without considering the factors given the critical roles they have to play. Below are the guidelines in details:
1. Good Track Record
A qualified IT consultant should have the skills to manage and solve many technological problems in various business types. As a client, you’ll have to pick one with proven track record because this demonstrates the IT consultant candidate’s ability across products, systems, and applications. The more experienced, the better the choice.
2. Business Legality and Finance
As you come across several IT consultant candidates, check their legality, such as company permits. This legal aspect will guarantee their service is credible. In addition, allocate certain budget that commonly meets the service demand. Research the current market to find out the prices of the services usually provided by an IT consultant.
3. Smart and Problem-Solver
Examine the consultant candidates’ knowledge when it comes to manage, create and fix IT infrastructure comprehensively. With the proper knowledge, chances are the consultant will be able to provide solutions that answer your IT problems.
4. Having Service Level Agreement (SLA)
The SLA guarantees the service quality and after sales of IT infrastructure to an organization or a business. Select one with the SLA ownership. Besides, compare the prices for the services. Adjust the prices with your budget.
5. Competent human resources
Skilled human resources are the hearts of top IT services. The requirement also holds true for selecting the consultant. When picking the consultancy firm, this should become your top factor.
6. Partnering with a lot of firms
A long list of loyal partners signifies the good quality of the consultant. That means the candidate works well to meet the expectations. The partner or previous client provides a benchmark for future clients, including your company, to decide whom the company should work with.
Should you look for an IT consultant, please contact us, PT TOG Indonesia, who has been engaging in the IT staff provision for more than one decade. Get in touch with us through the following form.